Saturday, August 05, 2006

rise up to the challenge

tomorrow, i'm gonna do a full scale presentation. i should be afraid, i should be fearing, but i'm not. i think i will do best in that speech, i thought i'll use content as my spoint, but no, i'm gonna make it interesting. for you guys lucky out there, the speech will be this sat, today at 3 pm at raffles place mrt, see you there!

i thought i would have some nice referencing material to give my comments, but no. i'm going to share something else since i don't have things to comment on.

many friends have always told me how seminars like seven habits or adam khoo have not worked for them; in other words, rubbish.

i feel slightly sorry for them. i used to be where they are now, feeling the same way. i was forced to go for these lessons, and i did not want to learn; i was forced. i went thru seven habits for highly effective teens picking up nothing, absolutely nothing. i thought these seminars were crap.

i did not learn, because my mind was not opened.

today however i'm bemused. i'm standing here encouraging people to go for these courses as i once used to dislike. today, these courses are part of my options to learn, if i ever go to any, i'll make sure i take every word digest and find out it's meaning, i don't want to lose out.

i learnt from one of these lessons how to set goals, and not only just that but rather how to set effective goals.

these are simple: i believe i can achieve an a for my biology and maths at the end of promos.

but yet, they rarely seem to work.

Goals are not direction unless bundled with feelings.

compare that goal setting with this.

Goal: to achieve an a for my biology and maths at the end of promos.

why do i need to achieve?
i've been labelled a c student by my teacher, my friends look down on me, my parents always nag at me how i lose out to my sister. i need to achieve this a to prove myself, to prove the rest wrong.

what does it mean to me
it means my life, my soul. this is a battle to me, i can't bet any more. i have to win this bet. i need to prove to my teacher, that i'm powerful and smart, i NEED to let friends who despise me take back their words, and my parents, they will know that i am their smartest child. this is my one and only chance to prove it and get it. i will not lose.

how will i lose if i do not attain.
i will lose my hope, i will be despise as usual, and how will i rise up to be a respected friend? hwo will i be able to continue being screamed by my parents for not achieving?

conclusion:
i have to get a's for bio and maths in promos, because of my need to be recognised and need to be appreciated.

i believe that was a more powerful way of goal setting. you know why you have to fight for that which is what you want. you know wat you will lose by not doing so, and you can't afford.
you have to presist and put in continuous effort because you know definately the value of he goal and what it means to you. you will succeed.

but goal setting is not powerful without a correct attitude. i won't say so much about attitude, but let me ask you, how would you feel if i grabbed a glass on the table and SPLASH the contents on you straight in your face?

iritated am i right. i bet you would want to smash me in my face immediately.

but what if i told you, that after being in a warm and hot desert and how i took the same glass on the table and splash it onto your face, how would you feel now?

the actions, is the same, the person doing is the same, but what changed the feeling was different, your attitude towards the same offensive action has changed. this is how some ppl cna stay up and not get affected by failures and negative events happening in the world. leaving you with this, i hope you will seriously ponder about what i've shared. See you at the top!

0 comments:

Related Articles by Labels