Jonas Bear once took me down to a pond and told me to look into it, asking, "What do you see?"
- "I see my reflection."
- "Put this stick in the water and stir up your reflection."
- After I stirred it up, he asked, " Now what do you see?"
- "My face is all distorted."
- "Do you like what you see?"
- "I know that it's not supposed to look that way."
- "When you meet someone and you immediately dislike them, always remember you are seeing a reflection of yourself—there is something you don't like about yourself that you're not owning up to. When you see it in someone else, then you don't like that person, but in reality you are being displeased with yourself. Always remember that."
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Saturday, June 07, 2008
You can stick with the team, you can do anything, and when the time is up for you to vote someone out, you're always wrong if you cannot make a decision. You lose if you cannot stand up for yourself.
In all the seasons of The Apprentice, we've seen numerous strong people get voted out at the end of the date, all due to the fact that they did not defend themselves. They ended up cursing why everyone was against them. You may not be the best case, but you definitely won't stand a chance if you don't even defend yourself.
A heart to heart talk with a friend, someone who finally I can call a really close friend, would be Brandon, all the way from primary school. Our relationship was a On-off one, and I was never truly fond of him based on a few early impressions. It was this talk with him that I went to his level and understood him and his well-meaning actions.
We shared a lot, and I realised quite a bit. At the end of the day, One key lesson would be to protect yourself. Do not take the brunt of bullshit people give you. Deflect them back at them if they are not justified.
I had a lonely and unhealthy early school years because I had not defended myself. I take no credit off the fact that it made me the person I am today, with full knowledge and want to cover up those flaws, but in hindsight, I now know what I can do to make myself a better person.
I have to defend myself.
"Who will stand up for you if you cannot even stand up for yourself?" Donald Trump