Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I want you in a meeting by 8 hours(SAF mobilisation)

I have been pushing myself really hard. Although, my final income output is not really any much higher, I tend to see it as a desperate attempt to better improve myself. To some extent, I have gained new insights into the other side of our fellow citizens from Singapore.

Though it might be generalizing, I personally find most Malays to be more carefree and not so bothered about work. They tend to take things easily and handle issues when they occur. Since that style of working method isn't really what I adopt, we more than often tend to clash.

A team leader of mine may have been thinking of something else, but imagine my chagrin when he informed me "politely" that there would be a team meeting the next exact day on 8am, at 12am, exactly 8 hours away. He claimed to have announced it during the earlier meeting which I could not attend due to work. I did try my best to question information from my fellow teammates and him, of which nothing came out.

I was in the midst of celebrating my dad's birthday party when some bits of anger slipped through my gatekeeper. They soon realized what was happening and advised me accordingly.

"Just tell him no, how can he inform you this way and at this hour?"

I wasn't myself sure to go or not. On one hand, I wanted, since the team has a rather awful way of handling the absentee, which most of the time would be me, which is to seal any information from the absentee himself. Any method of prying information would be futile and a waste of human resources. Yet, on the other hand, I was pissed. Why are they always doing things this way?

I decided I would not go. In fact, it changed the way I look at things to some small extent. I am always helpful, to some extent, short-changing myself to help others. This Thursday would be one. I have decided against it. I will no longer help for the sake of helping but stop to think, what's in it for me? By helping, is it worthwhile in terms of money? Will I be helping someone who would repay that effort? Would that person respect me for that? Would it be balanced in terms of monetary and human favors and to myself and my GIRLFRIEND?

I will fulfill my Thursday task which will be cleaning up of my store after 2 shifts of work. directly without rest without break. I've promised and that will be something I will keep. For the rest of them, I'm not really sure if they'd really keep their promises with that holy righteousness.

From now on, I will evaluate and think, and start defending for myself, and my rights. I've always wanted to convenience someone, my boss, my colleagues, my friends. I've always left out myself, my family and my girlfriend. We shall see about the current schedule. For the next next week, I shall plan my break for my girlfriend first, my boss and others can wait. I'm not lacking the money to this extent that I will short-change myself.

And oh, by the way, I kept my message reply short and sweet, no sugar-coating since it doesn't work.

"I'm sorry. I have planned a meeting with another friend. Please inform me earlier next time."

His reply was this: "ohh its okay. We'll get you involved. Sorry"

I am sure he did not meant a single bit of sorry that of which he had said.

Although they say, to respect someone before they can respect you, I'm sure I don't really care if I earn his respect, not when he keeps telling me the fact he can't recall something I said, cause "he doesn't remember unimportant things". I see how respected I am for saying unimportant things. I'm sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh something similar happened to me. i gave him a polite reply too, but inside i was really dying to say 'go **** yourself' XD

freddy said...

haha, i guess it's all in a day's work! things like that are so commonplace.

Anonymous said...

Hey im watching you... haha. nice blog. keep it up

Related Articles by Labels